Gmail is the most popular Google service that most of the people in this world use. Gmail provides easy to use UI and also is compatible with all OS platform like Android, iOS and also Mac, Windows and Linux. You get dedicated apps in mobile phones and tablets as well as desktop apps are available for Gmail. Having a Gmail account is good but if you have multiple accounts then its really hard to manage it. If you have a Gmail account that you are not using then you should consider deleting it. Deleting a Gmail account in PC is easy but when it comes to mobile most people may not know it. Here let’s check out how to delete a gmail account in phone.
How to Delete Gmail Account in phone
Before deleting a Gmail account in phone you should check some things so that you do not loose the important information that you have. There may be important mails with attachments that you may have received or sent to people. If you delete the Gmail account then all the data in your Gmail will be lost for ever and you may not be able to recover it.
Things to remember
- Selecting the right Gmail account to delete
- Back up the data
- Updating people in your contact list about your deleted gmail account.
Let’s now check the above mentioned points in detail to know why its important to consider.
Selecting the right Gmail account to delete
As you are deleting the Gmail account on phone, you should select the right account that you want to delete. There will be multiple accounts that you might have added to your phone and you should be sure about the account that you are selecting for deleting. If you select and delete your primary account then you will be in trouble as your most important data will get lost. It will be a hard situation as all your contacts will keep sending emails to your primary account without being aware as you have deleted it.
Back Up your data before deleting Gmail account
Google gives you an option to backup your data that you have in gmail in Drive or local storage before deleting the data or emails in your Gmail. You should always backup your data before deleting the Gmail Account.
Updating people in your contact list about your deleted gmail account
This is another major thing to consider, once you deleted a gmail account, you wont be able to receive any emails from the contacts, Before deleting a Gmail account on Android or iPhone, you should inform the contacts in the contact list that you are about to delete the account and they should not send email to that account any more.
After you have completed the above mentioned process, you are good to delete the gmail account on phone.
Steps to Delete Gmail account in Android phone
- As a First step download the important data that you have in your Gmail account.
- If you are using an Android Phone go to device settings and the scroll down to Google and Click on manage your Google Account Button.
- In the resulting page you will see Data & Personalisation click on that tab.
- Here you will see Download your data and Delete a Service or your account.
- Click on Delete a Service or your account button.
- In the next page select Delete a Google service button you will need to login to your google account again
- In this page you will see all the services from Google that you are using, Select Gmail from the list and click on delete
Your Gmail Account will enter into delete mode and in a few minutes all data in your Gmail account will be deleted.