This has been a topic of discussion for long as iOS in iPhone never had an option to show battery percentage on the status bar. It is a very convenient feature on android that you can stay updated on the amount of battery that the phone has just by looking onto the status bar. Here is how to Show Battery Percentage in iPhone status bar and home screen.
Before starting with the process to show battery percentage on the status bar and home screen, these are possible in specific type of iPhone models only.
- If you want to see the battery percentage of iPhone in status bar then you need an iPhone with home button. This will work on iPhones 8 series and below.
- In the latest generation of iPhone starting from iPhone 10 and later, you can add the battery percentage as a widget to home screen.
How to show battery percentage on iPhone Status bar
Considering that you have an older model of iPhone then to enable the battery percentage on the status bar follow these steps.
- Go to home screen of the iPhone
- Find the settings button
- Now click on settings. You will see the settings page.
- Here you need to scroll down to battery button and click on it.
- 17 cm (6.7-inch) Super Retina XDR display with ProMotion for...
- Cinematic mode adds shallow depth of field and shifts focus...
- Pro camera system with new 12MP Telephoto, Wide and Ultra...
- 12MP TrueDepth front camera with Night mode, 4K Dolby Vision...
- A15 Bionic chip for lightning-fast performance
Last update on 2022-07-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- You will see the battery details now including the battery usage details.
Also Read: iPhone 13 Pro Max Best iPhone yet
- Here you will see the “Battery Percentage” switch.
- Turn that switch ON and you are done. Now you will be able to see the battery percentage on the status bar.
Its as simple as that in an older iPhone but when it comes to newer iPhone models, Apple has taken a different approach. Even though the latest iPhones have bigger display, apple is not showing the feature to add battery percentage to status bar. Instead we need to do the following to add the battery percentage.
How to add battery widget in iPhone
This process is also simple where you can add a widget to the home screen and stay updated on the battery left on your iPhone.
- You can use this process to the latest generation of iPhones starting from iPhone 10.
- Make sure that you have updated your iPhone to latest version of iOS.
- Go to home screen of the iPhone.
- To add a widget to home screen you need to enable the jiggle mode on the home screen.
- Long press any empty area or on any icon on the home screen.
- Now here your iPhone will enter the jiggle mode.
- You will see a “+” button at the top left of your screen.
- Click on that button and you will be taken to the widgets page.
- Scroll down on the page until you see a list of widget options.
- Here you will find the “Batteries” option in the list.
- Click on that and you will be shown with different size of widgets that you
- Scroll to the right on the page and you will be able to select the size of the widget that you can accomadate on the screen.
- Once you have got the right size. Click on the “Add Widget” button at the bottom of the page.
- The Widget will be shown on the home screen.
- You are done with the process.
- In case you need to show all the battery percentages of various devices connected to your iPhone then you can select a larger widget from the list.