When it comes to listening to music, we always like immersive experience so that we can enjoy our music and get the most out of it. Dolby Atmos and Lossless audio are two new features that Apple has launched this year for the compatible devices in the Apple ecosystem. These features are available in Airpods Pro and Homepod speakers. If you are an Apple TV user, you can enable this features in the settings. In case you are wondering on how to enable Lossless Audio in Apple Music on Mac and iOS then here are the steps that you need to follow.
What is Lossless Audio?
Lossless audio is a feature that is added to devices in Apple ecosystem which will provide the best music listening experience. While listening to normal music in Apple Airpods or Siri Speakers earlier, we were not getting the actual sound quality of the music. There are some losses while the signal is transferred to the devices that we have from the cloud. With this new Lossless audio feature, we get the best possible quality of the music. Lossless Audio is rated at ALAC 24 bit/ 48 Khz and High Resolution ALAC 24 bit/ 192Khz.
How to Enable Lossless Audio on Mac in Apple Music
We need to follow some simple steps in our Mac OS to enable Dolby atmos and Lossless Audio.
- Turn on your Mac.
- Once you are in home screen click on the Apple music icon on the dock.
- Now you will see the Apple music window.
- If you have a newly installed Mac or a New System, you may need to login with your Apple ID to setup the Apple Music.
- Now that as you are inside the Apple music you will see some menu controls.
- To enable the Lossless audio and Dolby Atmos, click on the Music menu and the select preferences
- You will see a new window opened here.
- In this page you will see a few options like Streaming, Download and Dolby Atmos.
- To enable Lossless audio, click on the Streaming Dropdown menu and select Lossless ALAC 24 bit or High Resolution ALAC 24 Bit / 192 Khz
- Use the same option in Download dropdown as well.
- When it comes to Dolby Atmos, select the Automatic option.
- Click on the Ok button to save the changes and you are done.
- Now you will be able to listen to music with Dolby Atmos and Lossless Audio.
Note: When you select the High Resolution Lossless Audio, the data used will be more for playing your music.
How to Enable Lossless Audio in Apple Music in iPhone
To enable Lossless audio and Dolby Atmos in iPhon you should follow the below instructions
- Make sure you have the latest version of Apple music and iOS.
- Go to home screen and go to settings of iOS
- Scroll down to Music section.
- Click on Music and Scroll down to “Audio” Section
- Here you will find a few options like Dolby Atmos, Audio Quailty.
- Click on Dolby Atmos and from the list Select either Automatic or Always ON.
- Go back to the Music page.
- Click on the Audio Quality option.
- Here you will find the Lossless audio toggle- Turn it ON.
- Now check the options below the swtich
- Set each option like Mobile Data Streaming, Wifi Streaming, Downloads to Lossless or Hi Res Lossless.
- Click on Back button.
Its all set now, You can get the high quality music streamed now.
Note: As in the Lossless audio in Mac, the data download will be more in iPhone as well.